"QUIET LEADER" WOMEN’S APPAREL BRAND NOT SO QUIET ANYMORE
SANTA ROSA, CALIFORNIA, USA, April 19, 2018 /EINPresswire.com/ — SEBASTOPOL, CA April 18, 2018 – 20 years in the making, fair trade and ethical fashion pioneer INDIGENOUS announced today its Direct-to-Consumer launch, with a first-ever brick and mortar store and newly rebuilt INDIGENOUS.com website.
Well-loved for leading the way in sustainable fashion—both as its own brand and as a premier organic supplier for Eileen Fisher—INDIGENOUS was founded on the belief that fashion must have a positive impact on people and the planet. Now, in addition to being sought after in 700+ stores nationwide, women and men who want to wear their values can more easily shop and learn on the INDIGENOUS website or visit their debut retail venue in Petaluma CA. opening EARTH DAY April 22, 2018. The grand opening not only marks the importance of Earth Day, but also coincides with the start of Fashion Revolution Week, a worldwide annual event that brings awareness to the human and environmental costs of fast fashion.
The new store is located at 110 Petaluma Boulevard, Unit A, a spacious and historical building in the downtown heart of this vibrant Sonoma County tourist destination. Once inside, customers can experience the handcrafted, quality clothing for which INDIGENOUS is known, and have the opportunity to learn more about the company, its artisans, ethics, and mission. The store’s decor and fixturing features local, recycled materials, while the walls are decorated with compelling photography of organic cotton farmers and artisans, providing a window into their fair trade supply chain.
“We hope to create a closer knit with our customers through our Direct-to-Consumer efforts this year, and we felt we needed a local presence to complement our national presence,” said CEO Scott Leonard.
Co-founder and President Matt Reynolds, who spent his childhood in South America, said “Today Indigenous employs 1000+ artisans in Peru and our social venture lending program with our suppliers is becoming a successful model we hope to share with others. Supply chains can change many lives for the better, and our micro-lending model and NGO partnerships stretch back 20+ years. This is not a marketing gimmick for us, this is a path to doing the right thing. Partners and customers wear our clothes and buy our clothes because their values are aligned with ours.”
INDIGENOUS Company Milestones
• 1993 Scott Leonard uses a chance encounter with Joe Flood, an Ecuadorian Social activist, as inspiration to start an ethical clothing company based on helping Indigenous artisan women
• 1995 Partner Matt Reynolds joins to strengthen the team
• 2004 The company develops a revolutionary production financing model for its knitting cooperatives through Root Capital, Finance for Communities and Conservation
• 2006 INDIGENOUS joins 17 other companies to found B-Corp as a revolutionary ethical business certification
• 2009 Eileen Fisher purchases company’s biggest order ever and becomes a key strategic partner in supporting the INDIGENOUS fair trade production model
• 2010 Scales to 1,000+ expert artisans handcrafting their ethical fashion line
• 2011 Company debuts Fair Trace Tool™ app technology to connect customers to artisans in Peru
• 2015 Debut of PURE Collection, eliminating dye entirely from collection by offering natural shades of free-range alpaca, wool and organic cotton
• APRIL 22, 2018 Flagship brick-and-mortar store opens for EARTH DAY
California-based INDIGENOUS is a 20-year pioneer of sustainable fashion and has led numerous product sourcing and industry wide initiatives to align its products with its values. Employing over 1,000 artisans and offered in 700+ stores nationwide, the brand has grown organically since 1994. Privately-held, the company is a California B Corp and member of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition. Read more at INDIGENOUS.com.
415 272 3944
email us here
INDIGENOUS organic + fair trade fashion
Source: EIN Presswire