Smart lighting software solution one of three finalists competing for $250K at Salesforce competition Nov. 7
BOISE, IDAHO, UNITED STATES, October 31, 2017 /EINPresswire.com/ — Boise, Idaho, October 31, 2017 – Retrolux today announced that it has been selected as a finalist for Dreampitch at Dreamforce 2017, a competition designed to recognize startups that have built their technology on the Salesforce Platform. The second annual Dreampitch is held at Dreamforce, the most inspiring technology event of the year and the world's largest gathering of Trailblazers. A local live stream will be held at Trailhead Boise, 500 S. 8th St., beginning at 5 p.m. this Tuesday, Nov. 7.
Retrolux is one of three finalists for Dreampitch 2017, for its innovative work in revolutionizing the lighting industry by connecting smart building product vendors directly with wholesale buyers. Retrolux will have the opportunity to pitch their company on the main stage at Dreamforce, in front of thousands of attendees and a panel of judges comprised of industry leaders and business experts. The judges will select one winner to receive a $250,000 investment opportunity from Salesforce Ventures, Salesforce’s corporate investment group.
Retrolux was founded by Leif Elgethun, a 37-year-old engineer, Idaho native and serial entrepreneur who says he decided “on a whim” to apply for the world-renowned event last September.
Comments on the News
• “Being a finalist at Dreampitch is a game changer,” said Elgethun. “It’s huge for us in terms of raising the capital we need to scale, the exposure to customers and strategic partners, and ultimately, to our goal of creating more jobs in the Treasure Valley.”
• “Salesforce’s Dreampitch gives early-stage startups the opportunity to showcase their business idea to potential customers, partners, investors and industry experts.” said Leyla Seka, EVP, AppExchange and host of Dreampitch. “We are excited about the amazing finalists and innovations for this year’s Dreampitch."
• “Salesforce Ventures is committed to empowering and fueling our ecosystem," said Matt Garratt, VP, Salesforce Ventures. “Dreampitch is a great way to see what innovative, early stage companies are building on our platform and we are excited to once again be a part of it."
Dreampitch at Dreamforce 2017 is a contest designed to recognize top startups whose products are built on the Salesforce Platform (Lightning, Force.com or Heroku). Finalists will present their business pitch live to a panel of judges on Tuesday, November 7th, 2017 at 4:30 p.m. at Dreamforce in San Francisco, CA.
Salesforce, Dreamforce and others are among the trademarks of Salesforce.com, Inc.
Founded in 2016, Retrolux provides technology and services that bring sustainable, productive, and healthy solutions to smart buildings. Learn more at www.retrolux.com.
• Learn more about Dreampitch 2017: https://www.salesforce.com/video/1580179/
• Discover the other finalists recently announced: https://medium.com/inside-the-salesforce-ecosystem/meet-3-inspirational-startups-in-the-running-for-250k-in-funding-802d008de556
Caitlin Copple Masingill
email us here
Source: EIN Presswire